I am honored to have been chosen as a recipient of the Fabulous Blog Ribbon bestowed upon me by fellow Ultimate Blog Challenge blogger Miss
Riki, creator of Refreshingly Riki. She chose Cathys Voice Now as one of five blogs to honor, and I am thrilled! This award has rules I need to post and follow.
Rules for the Fabulous Blog Award:
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
3. Name 5 things that you love.
4. Name 5 things you hate.
5. Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.
5 fabulous moments in my life
1. and 2. I have to say that the birth of my son Teddy and my daughter Lory were the two most fabulous moments. They were both born healthy and came with all the proper parts. Teddy was a sweet, happy baby who slept through the night at six weeks. He was always happy. Lory came into the world tell everyone what she wanted and was determined to get it. She was the cutest thing you ever saw. Nothing could eve compare to those two moments.
3. and 4. and 5. This was far too easy. Grand kids Austin, Sarah, and Nathaniel’s births were the next fabulous moments. Austin was my first and I lived in the house him when he was born. Sarah was my first (and only granddaughter). Almost twelve years later Nathaniel made his entrance. These were truly fabulous moments.
5 things that you love
1. You might guess that family is number for me. Well, my kids and grand kids make up most of my family. I do have some siblings and they are important as well, but I don’t get to see them often.
2. Spending time playing, talking, sharing with close friends comes in a close second. I grew up not having many close friendships, but later in life I discovered the incredible joy they can bring to life.
3. I love writing as much as love any other activity I can imagine. Writing gives me a way to work through my emotions, cares and concerns. It is allows me to share thoughts and experiences with others. I can make sense of this life with writing.
4. Music is something that can take to me a place of the most joy I can imagine or allow me touch a place of vulnerability. Music helps me relax, sleep, laugh, play and touch my soul.
5. I love having faith in a God that loves me unconditionally even when I have no clue what I am doing. A fellow blogger shared this name she has for God-“The Lord of the Five-Millionth Chance Who Never Gives Up On You Even Though You Are Beyond Ridiculous.” This is what I love.
5 things you hate
1. I hate vegetables or at least most of them. I only eat green beans, corn, and any kind of bean. Eating a healthy diet is a challenge with type of hate. I do have food issues because of some things that occurred in my childhood. It isn’t that I just don’t like the taste. I may share that story with you, but not today. A friend once said that the only green things I eat are green beans and green icing on St. Patrick’s Day.
2. I hate the I treat myself at times. I doubt myself, question myself, put myself down, and isolate from people who care about me. I am working very hard to change those behaviors. It is much better than it used to be and I think I get stronger all the time.
3. I hate to see my friends or family hurting. When someone I care about is in trouble, pain, fear, or anything else that causes them to hurt, I just want to take it away. I know I can’t always do that and I I even know it might not be in their best interest to do that. I hate it none the less.
4. I hate seeing children or animals being hurt. I feel such intense anger and pain when I read, see, or hear about anyone doing anything to those who don’t have the power to stop them.
5. Loss is one of the things I hate most. Grief is one of the most difficult things I ever have to deal with. Loss involves more than just losing someone by death. Losing jobs, health, a home, or anything that is important in life causing grief. It is the cause of most of the fear and pain in y life.
Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers
These are five bloggers that I love to read and always find something of value in their posts.
1. Even A Girl Like Me created by Joy Cannis
2. SimplyJan created by Jan Roberts Culpepper
3. Ted the Third created by Ted Atchley
4. Abby Gabbs created by Abby Chamberlain
5. Tamara Out Loud created by Tamara Lunardo
Thank you again Miss Riki for this award and I hope my fellow bloggers enjoy this as much as I did.